Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful

Before I started blogging, I spent about a year just reading blogs. I started with just one, found a few more on that blog that interested me, and my list kept growing. One thing that many of these women, whose blogs I follow have one thing in common. They have lost a baby. Some from miscarriage, others we're still born, or lived just a few short days before they went to be with Jesus. I admire these women more than I could ever express in words.

I look at my daughter everyday and am so thankful that God has given her to me and Mike. She has brought us so much joy. I do however, every now and then find my self fearing the worst. I'm a worry wort. No matter how much I try to stop myself from thinking of the bad things that could happen, those thoughts still manage to sneak in from time to time. God has a plan for me and my family and I have faith that His plan includes a long healthy life for Lily. I'm sure that a lot of my fears are because I am a new mom, ad maybe I'll grow out of some of the worrying as Lily grows, But I'm also learning that as a mom.. I'll never stop worrying. The thought of SIDS scares me the most, and I worry about making mistakes, but I am also confident in my decisions and believe that Me and Mike are making an awesome team when it comes to raising Lily. To clarify, I don't stress about these fears day in and day out, Just occasionally, and tonight happen to be one of those occasions. It reminds me to be thankful for everyday, every minute and every second. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with this child that I prayed so hard for.

1 comment:

  1. I know your fear about SIDS all to well. It is one of the 3 great fears I have for my son. (coincidentally I happened to write about it on my blog just a few days back!) I still check on him to see him breathing - I've even poked him a few times (and awoken a sleeping baby) to make sure.

    I don't think the fear of harm to our children ever goes away - my mom still has it in regards to me.

    I just pray for safety for my family and leave it up to God to handle all the particulars.

    ReplyDelete