Friday, May 7, 2010

Show us your Life - your kid's names

Lily Elizabeth

Like any other girl I always thought of baby names growing up. When Me and mike became pregnant, we talked about it pretty often. We were totally lost when it came to a girls name. Couldn't agree to save our lives. We had tossed around a few names for a girl. We liked Sophia , Isabelle and Harper, but had trouble with middle names for all of them. We couldn't agree at all. I pushed for Sophia and mike pushed for Harper. When we had our ultrasound and the tech said it was a girl, I was so excited! she then went and showed us her face. I knew as soon as I saw my girls face for the first time that she was a Lily. it was the only name that came to mind when I saw her and the only name I could imagine calling her. I just saw her, and she named herself. Then it came to picking a middle name. I wanted some way to include my twin sister's name, but wasn't sure how. We went to dinner that night and spent the whole time discussing middle names. Finally we gave up and googled "middle names that go with Lily" yes... we actually googled to find our baby a middle name. The first one that popped up was Lily Elizabeth. I love the way it sounds and it worked perfect since my twin sisters middle name is also Elizabeth. I think her name is beautiful, girly and timeless!

No comments:

Post a Comment