Monday, May 3, 2010

Bedtime Routine

We have realized that lily is very dependent on her bedtime routine. When she was around 6 weeks we moved her out of our room and into her crib in her bedroom. She is a really noisy sleeper and I was not sleeping at all at night because of it. I was still a little uncomfortable with her being in a separate room but our baby monitor helps ease that. It was worth EVERY penny. It's the Summer Infant Day and Night video Monitor from babies r us and I love being able to see her!
It sits right on my night stand and made the transition much easier for me. I was really serious about getting her on a routine. Thankfully she caught on in about 2 days! She goes to bed at 8:30pm and we sit in her room with the lights out and feed her a bedtime bottle which usually gets her close to being asleep. once we lay her down she moves for a minute or two but then it out! she wakes up around 3 to eat then goes back to sleep until 6:30- 7 am.

Well yesterday My sister watched Lily while me and Mike went on a date. I thought it'd be ok even if she was at a different house, as long as my sister stuck to the same bedtime. I was wrong! She didn't go to bed until 10:30 at night! thankfully once we got her home she went to sleep, but it showed me that maybe we need to let her get more comfortable with her routine before we try and throw it off every once in a while!

I'll leave you with a picture of Lily loving tummy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment