Monday, May 10, 2010

My first Mother's day!

I am so blessed to be able to celebrate this day, with my daughter. Yesterday was an amazing first mother's day! even though, I had to work :( I was off by 2pm, so it wasn't too bad.

While I was at work my sister text me and said her and my niece Madison were  going to stop by and get some drinks on the way to Busch gardens. When they walked in I walked around form behind the counter and saw my precious niece holding flowers for me. I started to cry! It was so thoughtful of my sister to do this for me, and to have my niece give the to me. so sweet!


Yes, they are in a pitcher.. I can't find my vase anywhere. I'm thinking it was lost in the move since the last time I saw it was at our old apartment.

I came home around 11am for my lunch break( I LOVE working so close to home!) and I found a note taped to the front door that read "To Mom"  Mike had written me the sweetest letter. It was so much better than a card! I'm so lucky to have him! He also got me something I had been begging for since Lily was born! my baby book! From Penny Laine!
I Love this book and can't wait to start filling it up with beautiful memories of my Daughter.
Some days I still find myself saying 'oh my gosh!, i'm her mommy!' She isn't  niece or nephew or someone's baby that i'm watching... she is ALL MINE! and I am so thankful to her and her to be her mommy. I love her Little laughs, her big smiles, and dimples. I love when she just wants to be cuddled becuase she is tired or when she lets out her little 'meow' cries. Being a mother has been more fufilling then I could have ever imagined and I can't wait to spend the next 50+ Mother's day with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment