Tuesday, November 16, 2010

To do? or Not to do?

Flu shots and babies. ugh

I never gave this topic a second thought, until I was pregnant with little miss. She was under 6 months last flu season, for most of it she was in my belly, so she did not receive one. Nor did I. I was at home, stuck on bed rest and never saw the light of day (she was worth it!) So I wasn't really high risk for catching the flu. However, now that she is of age, I am having a hard time deciding if she should receive one or not. As of right now she has an appointment on the 24th to receive the shot, but I just can't decide! I have asked for tons of advice form other moms I know, and at this point I am finding it very hard to form my own opinion about whether or not it is something Mike and I want to do. Mike has gotten a flu shot, and supports Lily getting one since he is a paramedic and is afraid of bringing home icky germs. That makes sense to me. But I still have this mommy gut feeling, I keep putting it off and resisting it. Is that my sign that I don't want to give it to her? I'm not sure.. but  Lily's doctor said it would be fine to give her, and I trust her doctor very much. He also said that she isn't as high risk for catching it due to the fact that she does not go to daycare. So honestly, who knows what I'll end up doing. Maybe I  am turning this into a bigger deal than necessary? I have just read some terrible things about babies and flu shots and it makes me take two steps back when it comes to making a decision. Please pray that me and mike can come together and decide what we feel is best for Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment