Wednesday, November 17, 2010

prematurity awareness day

Today is prematurity awareness day.

Lily was born just hours After I turned 37 weeks and I am thankful everyday that we made it that far and that she made it to full term. I first when into Labor the day I turned 26 weeks. That was definitely a curve ball that I NEVER expected. After a week long hospital stay I was sent home on bed rest. I contracted daily and went back into labor at 33 weeks 6 days. Thankfully, it was again stopped. They have no idea why I went into labor, I had no infections, and everything else about my pregnancy was normal. I was shocked that it happened to me, things like that happen to other people, but not me. Going through preterm labor opened my eyes. 1 in 8 babies are born too early, and too small. It really can happen to anyone. This is definitely a cause close to my heart and I pray daily for the families I know who are experiencing the crazy whirlwind of premature babies.


It's really bad lighting, but this is the night before I went into labor. I was 25 weeks 6 days.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie:

    On behalf of the March of Dimes- thanks so much for raising awareness of prematurity and for sharing your story. I’m so happy to hear that you and Lily are ok. At March of Dimes, we work hard every day to help moms have full-term pregnancies and research the problems that threaten the health of babies. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to help spread the word about the seriousness of premature birth.

    Azalia Fernandez, March of Dimes

    ReplyDelete