Sunday, July 10, 2011

when life hands you lemons....

Things in the Thompson household have been crazy. We have made a lot of changes, good changes... but hard changes to make. Me and Mike currently rent, it had worked for us for the last 3 years, however with a growing family, we wanted a more permanent place to plants our roots. We realized though, that what we wanted to buy, a single family home in a good neighborhood, with a nice outdoor space was still a little out of our reach. We sat down and figured out how long until we could become debt free in order to buy a house that we really loved, and could also afford. In our current living situation it would take about 2 years.   That is longer than we wanted.... so we were offered another option. The dreaded "move in with the in-laws and save like crazy" option. At first, I wont lie... my reaction was "Hell NO" then I sat down in did the math. we could be debt free in 6 months. 6 MONTHS!! that changed my mind quick. I love my mother  in law, and though neither me or Mike really wanted to move back "home" we decided for our future, and our girls future it was the best thing we could do for our family right now. So over the weekend we moved everything over. Lily has adjusted alright... bedtime is fine but she is only napping for about 40 minutes. Not ideal. Hopefully in a few more weeks she will fully adjust. We are now just organizing and setting things up for Mia, who will be here in GASP 3 weeks! ( a monthly update for Lily and a preggo post are on the way, but as you can see life has been hectic) We are now in save every penny mode while we excitedly look forward to our new soon to be debt free life. A life that includes the house of my dreams. Or at least my dream starter home. We want the house we buy to be the house the kids at least go through elementary school in, so being given this opportunity is a blessing. Even if it's not what I wanted.

Hope everyone had a great 4th, and I'll be sure to get back on the bloggy band wagon now that I have my life in order again!

No comments:

Post a Comment