Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Managing two?

Lily is a Mama's girl. Her new favorite thing is to sit in my lap and have me read her books. ( okay, okay, she does this with her daddy too) Obviously this is a behavior that I am thrilled to see and love that she enjoys being in my lap. But... she also cries when I go to switch loads of laundry, and gets a tude' if I don't help her bang her blocks, etc, etc..

My worry is, I am about halfway through Mia's pregnancy, and well I am kind of freaking out a little about splitting the attention between my girls. I know that Mia is going to need me when she first arrives, and I am so afraid this is going to devastate Lily when I can't be on the floor playing with her all the time. I also worry that this is going to hurt Lily's feelings, or make her resent her baby sister. I don't want to take too much attention from Lily because I LOVE playing with her, but I do realize it's going to happen. Especially the first few weeks while me and Mia are getting down nursing. Thankfully, Mike is taking about a month off work when Mia comes, this is going to be such a big help, and my sister will also be in town to help. But I don't want it to turn into a "daddy always deals with the older kid while mommy is with the baby" situation. I love the bond I have with Lily and don't want to lose that. I'm sure a lot of my worries are silly, and that everything will work out after we find a routine that works for our family. Lily will adjust, I know that.. but still. Worrying is what preggo's do, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment